Thursday, April 16, 2015

Mom

My Mother has early onset Alzheimer's. Last week my sister and I decided to share our story on WAFF. In the hopes of raising awareness of the disease. So that maybe others can help their loved ones. 
Here's a link to the story. 
Wednesday, Mom celebrated her 59 birthday. 
So glad we were able to celebrate her life. She has been living in memory care since November 2013. It hasn't been easy. In the last few weeks she has started laughing again. 
Last night we celebrated Mexican style! She loves Mexican food and cookies. 
While I have been told she is in a rapid decline I am trying to enjoy the best of her right now. She smiles a lot. 
I tell my children they are the sunshine of her eyes. When the kids run in the room she lights up.
Everyday #hopingforacureforalzheimer's!

No comments: