Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Taylor Hicks Concert

Taylor Hicks, Taylor Hicks, Taylor Hicks-wiggle those hips. O.k. if you're looking for a bad review of the concert on this blog look the other way. I thought the concert was fabulous. Of course, I've seen Taylor perform on television, but never live and what a treat indeed. Thanks Taylor. My husband, father and I sat about six rows from the front.
The night kicked off upbeat with Taylor banging away on a Tambourine. A small instrument he constantly played throughout the night as he danced around the stage. Taylor told me during our afternoon interview it would be a 90 minute aerobic workout-no doubt, it was the soul patrol work out I expected.
Taylor and his band played all of my favorite songs from his self titled debut album. Plus, a few extras from his favorite bands.

After seeing Taylor perform live on stage I can see that is definitely where he belongs. Taylor is a performer at heart and was born to be on the stage. I've never seen energy like his on the stage and it's contagious like no other.
So I learned some things about him during the performance. I already knew Taylor could play the harmonica, I didn't know the boy could play the guitar and bass-Yea, he can jam...he's jamming with his guitarist in the picture in the top right. Woo...I'm telling ya this man is talented. He is something to see.
Taylor's voice of course was sultry and warm especially as he sang his single that just hit radio airwaves, Just to Feel That Way.
In a nutshell, I loved the concert that 2,100 people attended at the VBC Concert Hall in Huntsville. Hey, I even bought a Taylor Hicks T-Shirt. I couldn't resist.





One more thing. I couldn't get a picture of this, but Taylor did wear his black New Balance tennis shoes during the concert. He told me they are his "stage shoes these days." Taylor still considers his cowbody boots his "house shoes."






Taylor has upcoming events in Alabama this weekend.
He'll be in Birmingham signing autographs at Laser's Edge CD Store from 2-5 pm Saturday, March 10th. That's at 2825 18th Street, Birmingham. After he receives the key to the city at 12:30.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was one "hot" show. Go Taylor! Soulpatrol!

Anonymous said...

Wanted to send some props your way - Enjoyed your interview. Interesting to see how it was pieced into the final product that got aired on TV - Nicely done! Viewed this from my computer in Seattle. Thanks to you and your station for making this available.

Anonymous said...

My best friend and I drove 2 1/2 hours to the Huntsville show and were not disappointed. Taylor and the band were amazing. What an entertainer! Everyone was on their feet 95% of the time, clapping, singing and woooooing. So much fun! We're going to the (Sunday) Birmingham show too and can't wait to see him perform again!

~Telah said...

I was at the concert too...way up in nose-bleeds, but it still proved to be a great concert! He really entertained...loved it!

Anonymous said...

What a awesome interview. WHNT is lucky to have such a great reporter! Keep up the great work.

OUWxGirl said...

Man I miss being in Alabama. I probably would, if money and time permitted, gone to several of his shows...Huntsville, Birmingham, and Mobile. You're so luck to get to talk to him! :) I got close to him on the top 3 homecoming when he was at Rick and Bubba's and again at the Idol concert in the Ham.

Thanks for posting the link! I'll watch it after I get off of work! :)